In today’s busy world we all need some easy recipes to use to help make life a little easier. I was looking on Pintrest one day for some new ideas of meals to make and came across these great recipes. The first recipe is a Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. This recipe yields 8 servings.
- cooking spray to oil the crock
- 28 oz bag frozen O’Brien Potatoes
- 1/2 lb. diced ham
- 8 oz shredded cheese (I used cheddar and monterey jack)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder 1 tsp
- Spray the inside of the crock with cooking spray.
- Put the potatoes on the bottom of the crock.
- Layer ham and cheese on top of potatoes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Stir in the milk and salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour over top of other ingredients in the crock.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Final step is to enjoy your breakfast or brunch casserole. I’ve made this a couple times now and the first time I served toast with it. The second time I served pastries and fruit. Depending on the size of your crock and how many people you need to feed you can always double the recipe to make more. Any left overs warm up great.
This easy slow cooker Chicken Cacciatore is sure to be a hit at your house. This dish is full of chicken, bell peppers and onions in homemade tomato sauce. Red wine brings more flavor to the sauce, but you can leave this out if you need to. Serve the chicken and sauce over hot pasta. I used bow tie pasta, but you can use any shape you like. This recipe feeds 6-8. I love this recipe because you can throw it in the cooker and walk away for hours. It’s great for our busy life styles.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken Cacciatore:
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. basil
- 1-2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add onions and peppers on top of chicken.
- Stir together remaining ingredients, except the pasta.
- Pour sauce over chicken and peppers.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
This is wonderful since you have your meat, veggies, and bread with the pasta. You can always make garlic bread or have a salad with this easy meal as well. I’ve included both when I wanted left overs to go a little farther.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Need a healthy meal that is quick and easy to fix. Here it is and it taste wonderful. Pair salmon with a veggie and you have a very healthy meal. We like to use the bags of frozen veggies at our house. We put the veggies in the microwave following the directions on the package and we’re set. I also like to make sweet potatoes. I microwave the sweet potato just like a regular baked potato. Once it is done I cut it in half and scoop out the potato. Using a fork I mash it up and serve. I do not add any butter or sugar. This keeps the meal more healthy for all of us.
- 4-6 salmon fillets
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- Place salmon on greased or buttered baking sheet. I like to put tin foil on a baking sheet for easier clean up.
- Drizzle butter and honey over the top.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Once everything is done, sit down and enjoy an easy delicious meal with your family. Easy recipes like the above is a must in our house as we are all very busy. This way I spend less time cooking and more time enjoying my family. Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family has.